Thursday 23 April 2009

Day 11 - Welcome back energy!


Oh! hurray!! - the Keetje show is back on the road, energy is restored to above normal levels and all is well in my little world.

I ask myself the question - why did I let the not-eating-enough thing happen again?  I have it pretty well documented in my journal from my previous attempt at the Atkins Diet last year - should have known better really.

Still, then I did not know of the manna from heaven otherwise known as coconut oil. So handy for pushing up the calories to a sensible level when the appetite is suppressed.

Apparently this wondrous substance has properties that help with the fat burning mechanism inside our bodies.  I only managed to get an A-level in Biology but I did like the stuff about digestion, etc - so I thought I knew a fair old bit about such things.  WRONG!!! The benefits of coconut oil should be taught in all schools.

As energy has returned to my life I have been able to catch up with all those irritating little tasks that I really couldn't be arsed to deal with for some time - like getting my car through its annual test, sorting out the bank, catching up on some very tedious stuff I needed to do in the office and making sure that I cook myself something decent at least once (preferably twice) every day.  Today I tried stir frying some prawns in the coconut oil with a little garlic.  It turned out quite well - I am not a huge fish or seafood fan, so I need to cook my prawns to a stage where they no longer taste too...fishy.

The beloved is forging ahead on his diet, he is melting away before my very eyes.  It's making him pretty happy to start shedding those pounds he gained after giving up smoking.

Today I gave the exercise a bit of a rest, my muscles were feeling tired and a bit achy so I drove the car into the office and just pattered around on my daily routine.  Apparently muscles unused to exercise benefit from an occasional rest - something to do with allowing the microscopic tears in the muscles caused by exercise to heal, thus strengthening the muscle.  A rather sporty friend of mine once said that the intelligent exerciser works the bottom half one day (cycling, running and general jumping around) and the top half the next (weights etc).  As my genes (thanks Granny-in-Ireland!) have given me rather porky arms, I think the advice about working the top half is sound.  It is a part of the body I tend to neglect, so when I log off I might dig out those cute little pink dumbells I have and knock out a few reps before bed.

Keetje

No comments: